I am documenting my weight loss goals and accomplishments and the methods I used to achieve the results you see.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Keeping Track

The way I keep up with my program, is that I keep track of everything I eat and all my exercise. I log everything..that way I can really know where I am. I weigh myself every Tuesday, in the morning, before I've eaten anything..and before I've put any clothes on....My true weight..oh yeah..and after I've gone to the bathroom... So anyway, I use a digital scale that
measures down to 1/10 of a pound. So I can know my true weight. I've also measured it against a medical scale...So I know its right..

In addition to weighing myself..I keep track of all my food, weight and exercise on a website called: http://www.thedailyplate.com
This has a huge database of foods that you can use when inputting your information. You can also add food to it, so you always know what you've eaten during the day.

I use it to keep track of my exercise, weight, sodium, cholesterol, vitamins and calories eaten. I decided to go on a 1500-2000 calorie diet. Based on information that I put in this website: Calculating Your Daily Caloric Need.
It tells you how many calories you burn normally and gives you an idea of how many calories you can eat and lose, maintain or gain weight.

I put everything into the dailyplate database, that way I can eat anything I like (as long as I stay within my daily caloric intake) . So I adjust what I eat later, based on what I've already eaten so far (calorie wise). That way I'm not starving myself, or trying to fight the battle of not eating certain foods. I can eat anything I like... in moderation..because I don't want to use up all my calories on breakfast...and then not eat anything else during the day...Since I am at my computer all day, I just enter the foods I've eaten when I sit down at my PC. My wife often makes jokes about me writing down all the nutritional information from food containers and asking what she put in this and what she put in that...So I can enter it into the database later...Some people may think that it is tedious entering that data or keeping track of it, but I don't try to do a whole days worth in one sitting...and most of the information is already in the database...but its easier to make better choices when you know what you've already eaten..I know I can't have that huge piece of cake if I can only eat 150 calories for the rest of the evening...I may just cut off a small piece or better yet..save it for tomorrow for lunch and make adjustments later...but I can still have the cake.

So the theme for today is Keep Track of What You Eat!
D

No comments: